Our Community Employment Program is proud to be a part of the Milestones Program through the DRS Program. Ottawa Friendship House provides the necessary services in obtaining and maintaining community-based employment. Our Employment Specialist analyzes job requirements and matches them with individual capabilities to ensure a long-lasting working relationship. We are here to support individuals every step of the way.
Prior to being placed in a job, our clients will:
- Learn how to fill out a job application and create a resume
- Participate in mock interviews
- Learn workplace etiquette
- Participate in skills training
- Identify job skills and strengths to be able to meet job needs
- Know how to handle typical workplace problem situations and their solutions
To learn more about this program please contact Allison Perez, Employment Coordinator, at 815-434-0737 extension 14 or email her at email@example.com.