The Vocational Training Center is a diverse workplace where adults with disabilities can learn and put into practice valuable job skills. We work with automotive belts, assembly of kits, assembly of desk calendars, and various other production jobs. The people we serve are able to reach maximum production levels with the encouragement and guidance of our skilled supervisors, while earning a paycheck.
We have consistently seen individuals grow in their confidence and abilities with a variety of job duties in the program. With supervision, oversight, and someone to cheer on their successes, this program has seen individuals not only grow but obtain the confidence to move to well-paying factory jobs with skills they learned from the Friendship House Vocational Training Center.
- Learn multiple skills from various jobs
- Learn confidence in abilities
- Learn to work with a team
- Learn to take direction and correction
- Take pride in accomplishing tasks
- Pride in contributing and earning a paycheck
- Keeping active and engaged daily
If you are a production company and are looking to partner with us, contact Janet Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 815-434-0737 extension 25.